As inspired by Steve: The Random Winamp Lyrics Song 1. "Pretty girl,… - Who Loves Life More?
|Dec. 17th, 2005 11:59 am|
As inspired by Steve: The Random Winamp Lyrics Song7 comments - Leave a comment
1. "Pretty girl, in case you didn't know, I feel it too; Trying to hide your face behind your tangled curls." (Sloan - Glad To Be Here)
2. "Only hope can keep me together; love can mend your life or love can break your heart." (The Police - Message In A Bottle)
3. "Hey now baby, don't you talk so fast. I'm just trying to make this good time... trying to make it last." (Rush - In The Mood.... The only Rush song I like.. and the version that came on my winamp was a Sloan cover that I think is much better)
4. This one's for Emma: "When there's nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire." (Stars - Your Ex-Lover Is Dead)
5. "No one ever died for my sins in hell, as far as I can tell, at least the ones I've gotten away with." (Green Day - Jesus Of Suburbia)
6. "I look at the world and I notice it's turning" (Beatles - While My Guitar Gently Weeps)
7. "When you feel you're walking all alone just remember I'll be there to greet you when you rise." (Jim Cuddy - Everybody Cries)
8. "I'm not so jazzed about it 'cause I just get razzed about landing on your front door in Toronto." (Super Friendz - Up And Running)
9. "If I'd only known how the king would fall, hey who's to say, you know I might have changed it all." (Garth Brooks - The Dance)
10. This one always comes up for some reason when I do this game, so I'll make it easy: "I remember the words, I forget the tune..." (Joel Plaskett - Light Of The Moon)
11. "Do you want to see me crawl across the floor to you? Do you want to hear me beg you to take me back? I'd gladly do it." (probably my favorite song of all time, some Rob trivia there for you... if you can't guess the song from the lyrics.. what's my favorite song?) (Derek And The Dominos - Bell Bottom Blues)
12. "Can't say my name's well known, you don't see my face in rolling stone." (Paul Simon - Long, Long Day)
13. "I'm gonna have to spend this quarter on a person who cares." (same band as #1, and like #1... another B-side) (Sloan - Will You Ever Love Me Again?)
14. another easy one: "No love no glory, no hero in her skies." (Damien Rice - The Blower's Daughter)
15. "Well east coast girls are hip, I really dig those styles they wear." (Beach Boys - California Girls)
16. "I think I'm drunk enough to drive you home now." (Death Cab For Cutie - Champagne From A Paper Cup)
17. "Have you seen Mrs. Boy? I've you seen Mr. Girl? He's the one who got the looks, she's the one who got the curls." (Thrush Hermit - Oh! My Soul)
18. "How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?" (Lifehouse - Everything)
19. "I want to move but it don't feel right, cause you've been playing other people's songs all night." (Jet - Rollover DJ)
20. "I woke up and called this morning, the tone of your voice was a warning, that you don't care for me anymore." (Sheryl Crow - My Favorite Mistake)
I don't remember who guessed what.. but I think everyone's guessed, so here are the final answers.
15 is California Girls, but I forget who by . . . I know the Beach Boys sang it, but I'm fairly sure they weren't the original artist to perform it?
1 - sloan - glad to be here
8 - superfriendz - up and running
11 - derek and the dominos - bell bottom blues
17 - thrush hermit - oh! my soul
6 sounds so damn familiar... i might know more, but i should be studying!
woo! i never see these early enough to get any of them! HURRAY!!!
ps hi robbie j!
|Date:||December 17th, 2005 08:20 pm (UTC)|| |
A couple I already know have been guessed ... California Girls, of course WAS originally by the Beach Boys, and covered by David Lee Roth.
And, of course, there's a pile that I ought to know, but can't quite put my finger on.
6. While My Guitar Gently Weeps, The Beatles
20. My Favourite Mistake, by Sheryl Crow
Eep! I got it the wrong way around. Bad Ish, Bad bad Ish.
|Date:||December 17th, 2005 10:35 pm (UTC)|| |
14. Damien Rice - The Blower's Daughter
4 - stars - your ex-lover is dead (easyyyy!)
10 - joel - light of the moon
11 - derek & the dominoes - bell bottom blues
14 - damien rice - the blower's daughter
16 - death cab - champagne from a paper cup
17 - thrush hermit - oh my soul
19 - i feel like i should know this but i can't figure it out...
20 - sheryl crow - my favourite mistake
wow, i suck.
15. california girls-beach boys